I just read- – – – -( I won’t go there and trust me, if you knew you would thank me) and just when I thought I had wasted my time I realized that I learned, or was reminded of, some things after all (the older I get the more I get those two things mixed-up). I’ll try to keep it short. Here’s the list:
1. Keeping it short isn’t my strong suit. Okay, I confess–I don’t have any strong suits.
2. I’m dumber than I thought.
3. I’m thankful that most folks are kind enough to not tell me.
4. Some people are smarter than I realized.
5. Some people are not as smart as they think.
6. Some things, though interesting and lawful, are a waste of time.
O wait–if it’s a waste of time is it really “lawful”. Guess I better check my notes on “When sinless things become sinful”.
7. Fancy phrases and big sounding words aren’t always a sign of superior intelligence.
8. I have friends who love / respect me enough to not point out all my faults and errors.
9. I’ve got to quit getting involved in and upset about things that don’t concern me.
10. I should have better things to do than spend my time writing an article like this.
11. Not everyone will understand this.( Dear friends, please remember number 8.)
12. Sometimes you have to go to extremes to finish your thoughts / message on an even number.
Well, there you have it. What you do with it is up to you. By the way, that’s the way it is with everything you encounter today. But, as bad as your situation might be you can use it for some good. Hopefully you are making your list. Think about it!
PS: Just wondering if I should proof read this or depend on you to remember number eight (8)?