Having recently completed a series of messages entitled, “The Devil’s Dangerous Devices”, the following article caught my eye. It’s called, “The Attack of Spirirtual Warfare” and was written by David Jeremiah to promote his new book. In this article he does a good job of laying out the facts before us. I hope you will read it, think about it and then actually spend some time some time studying the subject. We are indeed “in a war” and we either prepare or suffer defeat.
The Christian’s spiritual enemy is not in uniform, and he doesn’t meet us on an identifiable battlefield. He uses ruthless and unconventional tactics, such as deceit, deflection, and disguise. Yet a large number of pastors and teachers ignore or downplay spiritual warfare to the point that many professing Christians don’t even know they’re in a war.
That means we have a crisis on our hands, and we need to sound the alarm.
The Church of Jesus Christ needs to know its enemy and his strategies. Yes, God wins in the end. But the more unsuspecting or unbelieving a person is concerning the reality of spiritual warfare, the more easily he or she becomes prey. The only way to protect oneself from Satan’s infiltration is to be on the side of the One who is more powerful than he is: “because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).
Today, as we move ever closer to the appearing of Christ for His Church and the subsequent Tribulation period, we are witnessing a biblically-predicted increase of demonic activity all around the world. Yet many self-professed Christians fail to take seriously the Bible’s teaching about Satan and spiritual warfare.
The Bible could not be more clear about the existence of the devil and the reality of the spiritual conflict going on all around us. We must not lose sight of the fact that we are in a war – a war for the ages and a war for the souls of men.
Our task is to embrace what the Bible tells us about our enemy and be prepared for the battle we most certainly will face – even today.
What you can do:
– Read Ephesians 6:10-18.
– Be prepared for spiritual battle by daily studying God’s Word……
– Ask God to help you navigate with discernment when involved with television, movies, or any entertainment that might take lightly – or glamorize – the powers of darkness.
– Ask God to help you mature in your Christian walk so you can stand strong when spiritually attacked.
– Pray for God to help your church understand the reality of spiritual warfare.
– You don’t need to fight the devil alone. Get involved with an accountability partner who will pray for you and be available to you (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).
– Be committed to a Scripture memory program…..
As a disciple you must learn how to deal with the dangerous devices of the devil or be defeated and/or destroyed. We are in a battle for our lives and we must be battle ready! Please–Think about it! –HDS