Since Morning Manna is seldom of a humorous nature or directed specifically toward young people
I thought this article from Pastor David Dykes might be a good change of pace:
“Seven Things You’ll Never Hear Your Dad Say”:
7. I notice all your friends have a hostile attitude–I like that!
6. Well now that you’re 13, Princess, I want you to start dating older guys.
5. No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring!
4. Why do you want to get a job? I’ve got plenty of money for you to spend!
3. Your mother and I are going away for the weekend–you might want to consider
throwing a party.
2. Here’s my credit card and the keys to my car–now, GO CRAZY!
1. Well, looks like I’m lost–I guess I’ll have to stop and ask for directions!
One thing you’ll never hear your Heavenly Father say is “If you walk away from Me; you can
never come back.” Instead, God is a loving Heavenly Father. He loves you so much, you are free
to walk out of fellowship with Him–He won’t stop you. He will run to meet you more than
halfway if you decide to return to Him. And He says when you repent; He will treat you as if you