I just finished reading an article entitled, “10 Ways to Reignite your Love for the Church”. The ten things are as follows:
1. Read 1 Cor.
2. Read the Gospel of Mark to see the Portrayal of Jesus’ disciples.
3. Check your heart.
4. Count your supporters.
5. Take a vacation.
6. Take some folks on a mission trip.
7. Hang out with a few members who want to grow.
8. Get a vision about something in the church.
9. Seek reconciliation with that person.
10. Keep doing ministry.
There are some good ideas on that list, but at the risk of sounding critical, I believe we can reduce the list to one thing— which isn’t even mentioned. The one thing of which I speak is this— renew your love for Christ! That will correct the problem. When we love Christ as we should we will love the church as we ought. This of course raises the “How?” question. Here’s the answer– “To renew your love for Christ review His love for you” and that will reignite your love for the church. If that doesn’t work nothing will. We love Him because He first loved us, and the more we focus on His love for us the greater our love will grow –for Him and His. Think about it!